Nee Sern is...

really really sleepy

Friday, January 09, 2009

applying for streamyx

How difficult can it be to apply for Streamyx? Very, as I am now experiencing...


It all started when I went to Carrefour's Streamyx agent to apply for the Streamyx Combo package. All fine and dandy then. I didn't need to pay for anything, just needed to fill in the form and wait. That was in 2008. 

One entire week later with no feedback from either the agent or TM, I decided to call TM's customer service line, and found out that there was some mix up with my records and the application was rejected.

*TULAN fact 1: Why didn't anybody call me!!?!?!?!?!?*

Anyway, I was advised to visit TMPoint center, so I had to sacrifice 2 hours of lunch time to go to the DU center and register myself. OK, all fine here. No issues on the phone line application. Everything went smoothly, and the phone line was setup the next morning. Now, all I needed to do was to wait for the Streamyx.

Here's where the confusion begins. A total of 4 different people called me up asking me if I subscribed to Streamyx. To all 4, I said the same thing. Yes I applied for Streamyx. They all asked me for user name. I gave them all user names. They all said that they will get the application done for me. None of them called me back.

*TULAN fact 2: Why isn't TM and TMNet talking to each other about my application records and status?!?!?!?!!?!*

Anyway, I just called back one of those 4 people and even there the person said they don't know what's happening and have no records of my phone number or my user name. I was advised to wait until later in the day for them to call me back. Yeahh right. As if they will call me back.

*TULAN fact 3: Why no standard operating procedure for these things???!?!! Why do I have to call and chase and find out so many problems?!!??!*

Streamyx... it's the fact that it's the only ADSL provider, so I apply for it. Otherwise, I would have gone with Maxis Broadband instead... KNS!!!

2 comments:

MJ said...

KNS!!!

What if in my new house, i don't have telekom line (don't bother to apply)...

Izzi? Maxis Wireless Broadband? Maxis Wired Broadband? Wait Wimax extend coverage to kayu ara?!

Nee Sern said...

You can try IZZI, it has the best speeds now (assuming at your area the coverage is good).

Maxis... getting slower by the day... you can try Celcom but it should be similar to Maxis.

Alternatively if you can wait for Digi to launch their broadband, you should be able to get good speeds.

In any case, if you will be doing heavy downloading, consider that all those wireless broadband packages come with a data volume cap (typically 3GB per month).

Streamyx is still the most reliable, as it's ADSL technology.