Nee Sern is...

really really sleepy

Monday, June 09, 2008

I need to start thinking about taking public transportation to work...

Yes, the massive fuel hike has taken place. Now the per liter price of petrol is RM2.70. My full tank is 45 liters, and can typically last 2 weeks. That means that every 2 weeks, my petrol expenditure will be RM121.50. Compare that to the previous price of RM1.92 per liter, my expenditure was RM86.40. This is an increase of RM35.1 every 2 weeks. This is just for normal usage, not considering the extra trips I make to/fro BGF, Penang, etc. Now, my office parking charges will also be increasing from RM147 per month to RM168 per month. Yes, inflation is very real.

So I've been researching the various possible ways I can get to work with minimal driving involved. Rapid KL seems to have the solution for me in these following routes.

1) Drive from home to Carrefour Subang Jaya. Park there for free.

2) Take Rapid KL route T623 from Subang Parade to Kelana Jaya LRT station.


3) Take the LRT from Kelana Jaya to Asia Jaya.

4) Take Rapid KL route T629 from Asia Jaya LRT station to Eastin Hotel.


This arrangement will cost me RM135 per month for an unlimited Rapid KL monthly pass. Compare this to the weekly petrol usage of RM60.75 and monthly parking fee of RM168. I think this is a good option.

But I think I'll have to leave home by 7am if I want to do this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a pretty long journey to work everyday!

i experienced that before...

usj 14 (court 9) --> subang parade/sunway --> kelana jaya --> ttdi

that crap job lasted me about 7 days. and i did not know how i manage that! haha...

but it was really troublesome to have to catch 3 buses everyday. i woke up at 6 am...and by the time i reached home, it was already 9 pm something to 10 pm!

so it was terrible.

perhaps you can do a test run, or take the public transport and car alternately.

apricotz said...

I think the problem we had over here is that if one leg of the journey is delayed, you tend to miss the subsequent legs and ultimately arrive at the office late. Also if you're taking public transport you need to let your manager know that your arrival time into the office will be unpredictable from then onwards.. that is if your manager keeps tab of your working hours lah.. hehe