Nee Sern is...

really really sleepy

Saturday, November 20, 2004

22idc, steamboat, future

The 22nd INCOVAR Dhamma Camp (22idc) has come and gone... like a swift wind, it just passes by and you can't grasp it firmly... and yet somehow the memories have been entrenched within, a constant reminder of the friendship, and the inspiration.

Just came back from a mini-celebration-cum-appreciation steamboat dinner in BGF Center. About 25 of us (not everyone could turn up) were there to celebrate the success of the recent IDC. Heck, even Datuk was there, congratulating us all on a job well done! :) So we were all there: the committee, the IXP crew, the kitchen helpers, the facilitators... it was such a great environment. For the first time in so many months, we went to BGF not to have meetings or discussions or brainstorming sessions. It was just pure fellowship and fun!

Well, there will still be one more meeting: the post-mortem. It will be the time when we review the camp, and how it has fared. How we have performed, and the things that we can improve on. Only through this honest feedback session can we grow and improve further.

What will I be doing after 22idc? I am not so sure, but I will be involved in the LUSA project definitely. I think it is important to see that INCOVAR grows to become more than a camp. It must encompass so many things which we can potentially do. We have proved it time and time again that, through sincere dedication and effort, we can achieve the impossible! Who would've guessed that the 95%-Buddhist-Thailand could have something to learn from us Malaysians, whose Buddhist population is dwarfed by the sheer numbers in Thailand... this is indeed very inspiring...

For how long will I do this? Again, I dunno. But I do know that I have set my mind into it... And I will contribute my best :)

No comments: