Nee Sern is...

really really sleepy

Friday, September 02, 2005

Are passion and strength mutually exclusive? (part 3)

I just thought of something:

Takumi (in Initial D) is one good example of someone with the strength, but not the passion (at least, not initially). He has been driving the mountain roads for 5 years that not only does he feel bored of driving, he finds it a chore! Mentally, driving the roads fast means getting the job done faster, and hence getting home faster for some much needed sleep.

Driving the car has become a negative anchor for him. He does not find driving exhilirating, nor does he find cars very interesting. All he knows about cars is that it is used as a mode of transportation to do his job of transporting tauhu.

Which leads me to the question:

Can passion be instilled in a person who has the strength?

4 comments:

neil said...

it's nee sern!

Nee Sern said...

and who's that?!

neil said...

just yee lien - not some psycho stalker or anything :P

Jyon said...

i still believe...
that my passion will drive to the strengthening of my strength. with passion i can drive it towards my strength but with strength, it will not drive my passion. with passion, it will drives me to go another step further, but with strenght it will only takes me as far as i want to go to achieve my objectives(goin home faster for sleep - i watched 47 min of initial D yesterday nite, now onli i can comment...)