Nee Sern is...

really really sleepy

Friday, May 30, 2008

Awareness to Action

I was very fortunate to have been nominated by my boss to attend the GOAL leadership training organized by 361 Degrees Mind. This company has a unique approach towards training: they call it Meta Training, or "beyond training". Basically, the philosophy is that the learning should not stop in the classroom only. They believe that awareness should be converted into action, so that we can learn and retain the knowledge we gathered in the classroom through actual participation.

Well, from the 2 days live learning session (which I thought was fantastically facilitated and participated as well), the one take home message I got is:

Awareness to Action

I believe that this is what we strive to do in our IXPs as well. Instilling awareness is important. But far more vital is the call for action. It's a clarion call to ensure that the IXP participants commit towards a certain transformational action that will hopefully improve their lives in myriads of ways. I see now that it is also vital that we apply what we learn from these training sessions in our work environment and our personal lives.

Awareness to Action

This is the key point of the day. I hope to be able to convert some of the knowledge I've learned over the past 2 days into concrete actions that will deliver some positive results.

No comments: