Nee Sern is...

really really sleepy

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Are passion and strength mutually exclusive? (part 2)

I asked a question in an earlier post, which has garnered 2 responses to my attention.

Are passion and strength mutually exclusive?
Response 1

i believe that my passion will drive to the strengthening of my strength. with passion i can drive it towards my strength but with strength, it will not drive my passion. with passion, it will drives me to go another step further, but with strength it will only takes me as far as i want to go.

-->Very deep...

Response 2

it must have strong correlation with the co's vision, mission, goals &objectives
becoz to really harness and build a person, the orga plays a HUGE role
to me its not mutually exclusive
make sure there's a balance of both passion and skills
Efficiency+Effectiveness = f(passion) x f(skill)
help ppl identify what is their strength in skills and passion; some ppl think they know, but they actually dont, until someone tells them

-->Err... right...

Any more responses? Feel free to drop in the comment box

1 comment:

MJ said...

My derivation : f(P) = xf(S)
:P where x is situational, depending on who's leading what organisation??!?!

I wonder if that make sense?! Maybe I'm beating around the bush, as I've always related to doing work with passion, if not without passion there's no logic for me to even start that work. With Strength I can acheive greater heights for the work that I'm passionate about, without Strenght, I'll probably still make it but face more challenges which is not really a bad thing.

Eh, come to think it, can draw X-Y graph, like what CJ did. Passion is to Importance as Strenght is to Urgency?!