Nee Sern is...

really really sleepy

Thursday, August 04, 2005

War Of The Worlds

Actually there are so many reviews that say they are so disappointed with War Of The Worlds (the new movie starring Tom Cruise lah). They say Tom Cruise is so pathetic as the hero of the show, Dakota Fanning is so annoying as the screaming kid, the aliens are so stupid that they fall sick........ hold up.... isn't that the plotline from the original writings of HG Wells?!

Steven Spielberg really put in his imaginative powers and created some of the most terrifying opening chapters of any disaster movie. The first time those alien machines emerged from the ground, I was in awe... I felt as if I was one of those people standing there looking at this machine robot, wondering what would it do.. suddenly "hhoooooooonnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkk" the war cry, and then the humming of the heat rays... *POOFFF** there goes uncle charlie... ZAPPPPP auntie smith is burnt to ashes... holy shit! DISASTER!!!

I was literally gripping the chair, I felt so sad, so sick...how could those farking martians kill us?!?!

Anyway, alot of people say that the movie degenerated once it went into the chapter where Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning were hiding in the basement with Tim Robbins... but to me, that was one of the most scariest portions of the film. The tension was really built up when the machine's "eye" was searching around the basement, and all 3 of them were trying to hide! WOWWWW what superb mastery from Steven Spielberg to put all that tension in without a single word!

So, alot of people were disappointed with the ending. Frankly so was I. But you know what, I think it's alot better than a farking COMPUTER VIRUS ala Independence Day... so kick my butt if I say that War Of The Worlds RAWKSSSSSSSSS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good almighty ...
I thought i was the only one in the world that loved it as well ..
everybody i saw it with hate it like hell . but i was loving how scary it was from a human perspectve :)

how r u doing sern? tried to ring u a while ago to catch up ..


fooch

Nee Sern said...

yes fooch, you did call me. we did chat and talk crap.

life is normal indeed :rolleyes:

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it http://www.roche-tamiflu.info